Director of Sales & Marketing
26 July 2021
Open Until Filled
911 e-Learning Solutions, LLC is currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated professional to help establish, manage, and maintain effective sales and marketing strategies by serving as Director of Sales and Marketing. 911 e-Learning Solutions, LLC has been in business since 2011. We are the pioneer in online education for EMS and public safety professionals. We design, develop, and provide online educational courses through North Carolina Community Colleges, on-demand, and to external online learning providers. We have relied on word-of mouth advertising to bring us this far. To grow our business and reach a broader audience, we need to step up our game and begin true marketing efforts. The Director of Sales and Marketing is a new position created to take on this challenge (Job Description and Duties to follow).
As the first Director of Sales and Marketing, you will work with an energetic team and supportive supervisor to establish the Sales and Marketing Department you’ve always wanted to work in. Our team has been enjoying remote work and flexible schedules (“Work 3.0”) since long before the 2020 Pandemic. We focus on results, not seat-times. Most of our team has served in emergency services as EMTs and Paramedics. We know how fragile life is and don’t take ourselves so seriously that we can’t enjoy life’s moments and have fun along the way (Yes, when in the office you will likely dodge a nerf-bullet or two).
If this is the work environment of your dreams, we’ve been waiting for you!
The Director of Sales & Marketing (DSM) is responsible for meeting sales goals by establishing sales and marketing campaigns, working with current and potential clients to determine needs and interfacing with the leadership team to recommend product development. He / She will seek new clients and markets through direct and indirect marketing with a major focus on digital marketing our On-Demand (e-commerce) courses. The DSM will be responsible for ensuring website and social media channels are branded appropriately contain accurate and up-to-date content, and accurately represent the mission and vision of the company.
Position-Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth, and market penetration by effectively establishing new business clients.
- Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- Coordinates with Support Staff to maintain promotional material inventory.
- Manages and maintains company Brand.
- Recommends, monitors, and manages budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Design and develop marketing materials as needed.
- Responsible for digital marketing efforts to include, but not limited to: PPC, SEO, planning and managing blog posts and utilizing social media platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, TickTok, Instagram, etc.
- Maintain contact with clients to establish good customer relationship that fosters sales and increased clientele.
- Evaluates department needs and resources and collaborates with Leadership team to obtain resources necessary to be successful and achieve goals.
- Recruitment, retention, and management of sales and marketing associates to ensure operational efficiency and achievement of set goals.
- Ensures company website information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Oversees e-commerce activities (WooCommerce) and collaborates with leadership to identify new opportunities
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising campaigns including evaluation and recommendation of trade show promotion programs.
- Improves company marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities and trends.
- Identifies advantages and compares company’s services with current competitor services and facilitates maintenance of company competitiveness.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic contacts and visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
Company-Wide Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates processes and procedures to ensure the most effective, efficient, and cost-effective methods are in place.
- Rambo-like preparedness to enter a nerf-war without warning (Nerf weapon grant funding may be made available)
- Researches emerging technology and best practices in respective field; recommends for purchase new technology, software, and equipment to support the mission and vision; provides supporting budgetary information as necessary.
- Attend virtual meetings to facilitate ongoing communication and team building
- Protects organization’s value and intellectual property by keeping information confidential.
- Communicates effectively through a variety of methods while ensuring written communication is both effective and academic.
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Highly motivated and able to function in an independent environment without direct supervision
- Takes ownership
- Practices Information Literacy
- Participates in constructive discourse
- Practices open-mindedness
- Completes tasks and meets deadlines
- Thinks critically to evaluate identified issues
- Finds creative/innovative solutions
- Completes other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education, experience, and competency in marketing or a related field.
- 2+ Years’ experience in sales, marketing, or closely related field
- Insane level of self-motivation
- Mad organizational skills
- Foundational knowledge of Google Analytics
- Fundamental comprehension of SEO, PPC, and digital marketing strategies.
- Wicked creativity and Einstein-ish innovation skills
- Believe online education is a valid and effective method for delivering education (Or at least be able to convince us that you believe this! )
- Adept in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Personable and able to connect with a variety of personalities including, but not limited to: EMS Providers, Law Enforcement Officers, Firefighters, Nurses and Academic Professionals.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- No RBF’s
- Public Safety experience (EMT, Paramedic, Firefighter, Law Enforcement)
- 2 + Years’ experience in digital marketing, especially that of an e-commerce, e-learning and/or related field
- Experience working with North Carolina Community Colleges (NCCC), especially Continuing Education Programs
The perfect candidate would be an ‘EMS Dinosaur’ that is passionate, friendly, and non-cynical (if they even exist), who has worked as a coordinator for a NC Community College and has experience in sales and digital marketing campaigns.
Otherwise, we would like someone who has experience with digital marketing and could sell ice to a native of the arctic circle. If you’re still interested, WE DEFINITELY WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Please carefully follow the instructions below:
- Send an e-mail to: [email protected]
- Put “Director of Sales & Marketing” in the subject line
- Attach your resume/C
- Include the following in the body of the message:
- Your preferred name
- Best contact method for you
- Tell us what makes you tick
- Ask us 2 questions about anything you’d like.