BLS Infectious Disease
This course provides the fundamental knowledge necessary to identify, assess, manage, and prevent the propagation of infectious diseases. The following topics will be covered:
- Basic definitions and pathophysiology principles
- Identification, assessment, and management of infectious diseases
- isolation, personal protective equipment, and exposure control
- Prevention of infectious diseases
- Legal requirements and reporting
- Special considerations
Supplies or Other Requirements
Internet access* and valid/active e-mail account.
*You may use any internet browser you prefer; however, Mozilla Firefox is the preferred browser, and Chrome may have compatibility issues. If you find that you are having technical difficulties with the course, first try updating and/or switching browsers (Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge).