Psychiatric and Behavioral ALS
Course Access: Lifetime
This course provides the fundamental knowledge necessary to identify, assess, and manage psychiatric and behavioral emergencies. The following topics will be covered:
- Identification, assessment, and management of psychiatric and behavioral emergencies.
- Basic definitions, epidemiology and pathophysiology principles.
- Common causes of behavioral alteration.
- Legal requirements and reporting.
- Scene safety and scene size-up
- Assessment for suicide risk.
- Special considerations.
- Chemical restraints.
- Agitated Delirium.
- Acute psychosis.
Supplies or Other Requirements
Internet access* and valid/active e-mail account.
*You may use any internet browser you prefer; however, Mozilla Firefox is the preferred browser, and Chrome may have compatibility issues. If you find that you are having technical difficulties with the course, first try updating and/or switching browsers (Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge).