This course provides the fundamental knowledge necessary to identify, assess, and manage psychiatric and behavioral emergencies. The following topics will be covered:
- Identification, assessment, and management of psychiatric and behavioral emergencies.
- Basic definitions, epidemiology and pathophysiology principles.
- Common causes of behavioral alteration.
- Legal requirements and reporting.
- Scene safety and scene size-up
- Assessment for suicide risk.
- Special considerations.
- Chemical restraints.
- Agitated Delirium.
- Acute psychosis.