Post Resuscitation Care ALS
This course provides the fundamental knowledge necessary to rapidly provide post-resuscitation care following cardiac arrest. The following additional topics will be covered:
- Identification, assessment, and management of patients before and after the Return of Spontaneous Circulation (ROSC).
- Definitions, epidemiology, anatomy, and pathophysiology principles.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support recommendations (AHA guidelines).
- Common causes of cardiac arrest and basic principles.
- Identifying and managing specific EKG changes.
- Scene safety and scene size-up.
- Special considerations.
- Cardiac medications.
Supplies or Other Requirements
Internet access* and valid/active e-mail account.
*You may use any internet browser you prefer; however, Mozilla Firefox is the preferred browser, and Chrome may have compatibility issues. If you find that you are having technical difficulties with the course, first try updating and/or switching browsers (Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge).