This course provides the fundamental knowledge necessary to rapidly provide post-resuscitation care following cardiac arrest. The following additional topics will be covered:
• Identification, assessment, and management of patients before and after the Return of Spontaneous Circulation (ROSC).
• Definitions, epidemiology, anatomy, and pathophysiology principles.
• Basic Cardiac Life Support recommendations (AHA guidelines).
• Common causes of cardiac arrest and basic principles.
• Identifying and managing specific EKG changes.
• Scene safety and scene size-up.
• Special considerations.
• Cardiac medications.
Total Number of Credit Hours
Supplies or Other Requirements
Internet access* and valid/active e-mail account.
*You may use any internet browser you prefer; however, Mozilla Firefox is the preferred
browser, and Chrome may have compatibility issues. If you find that you are having
technical difficulties with the course, first try updating and/or switching browsers
(Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge)