This course provides the fundamental knowledge necessary to rapidly provide post-resuscitation care following cardiac arrest. The following additional topics will be covered:
- Identification, assessment, and management of patients before and after the Return of Spontaneous Circulation (ROSC).
- Definitions, epidemiology, anatomy, and pathophysiology principles.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support recommendations (AHA guidelines).
- Common causes of cardiac arrest and basic principles.
- Identifying and managing specific EKG changes.
- Scene safety and scene size-up.
- Special considerations.
- Cardiac medications.